Friday, January 5, 2018

Time to Celebrate !




Happy New Year everybody!!! I have had a week off and surprise surprise I did not finish reading every book on my list but hey, I read 4 and did somethings I normally do not do a lot of: baking cookies, knitting cute stuff for me, lounging about watching movies and cleaning up the studio ! I am over the moon that I did that because the unorganized clutter just did my head in. I organized all the craft and art supplies, all the different glitter and threads and fabrics in the studio. I always, well in 90% of the cases, organize all the fibre and yarns for the business side of things, but it is the organization of all the other craft things that get overlooked. You know “ I will do that later when I have some time”- kinda thing. Also when it comes to my personal art stuff, I procrastinate. I know it’s just not me alone, it’s probably in the genes of everybody who does crafts and art. We try, think about it, think about it some more, then get distracted and bam! : back to square one. One thing I am grateful for is that I apparently, after the clean up, do not have THAT much stuff ! Surprise! It was just my way of eh let’s call it “creative organizing” that made it look and feel that I was a hoarder and sometimes had to step over things to get to where I wanted to go. Thankfully I never got to the point I would not find what I was looking for and bought it ..again. One: because it is super expensive to live that way and two: then you have to “organize” two things…it’s a never ending story really. No more ! My desk is clean (which helps when I do my drawing, designing and painting), my pigments are organized, my fabrics are precut and ready to assemble and embroider; all the machinery is clean and ready to receive sessions of fibres to make into batts and tops, my studio feels serene and workable. Now I just have to do that to my wardrobe …what do they say again> If you don’t wear it for a year it means you have to throw it away. Lucky for me I do not buy that many clothes or make that many for myself, but djeez I KNOW there are some outfits in my closet that would transport me straight back to the 90s..lol You know what? I’ll do that next week….maybe lol

The reason I said Maybe, is of course that work is I full swing again and the clubs and updates need doing as well as the farm work and new projects and fibre adventures. I need to find a way to at least do some. Let’s call it “non work” every week. I need that. My life needs that. I have really been struggling last year with the work load, the constant drive to get things done and ready. I love what I do and I would not trade it for anything else mind you, but it is the other “stuff” that started to get to me. You know the social media side of things. I am sure I am not the only introvert who feels that way. You know, the constant pressure of “being out there” and at the same time feeling that it would be so much “safer in your cave”. Unfortunately, it is hard to survive in a cave, by yourself with no income..lol I need to find a, yes there is the word…balance. Who knew I ever would even dare to say that word, seeing I seem to survive on constant chaos…..oh well.

So yeah, I had a week off, although now, it feels like a couple of days really….but beggers can’t be chosers I guess….. One thing that I have promised myself, after some highly explosive situations I found myself in last year, is that I am not going to stress out about anything. Yes, you heard me say it so it must be true…lol No stress!! Especially no stress about stuff or other people. I have to really come to grips with the fact all the time that I am different and be done with it. As an empath and an introvert, (a brilliant combo I must say, which drives me loopy at the best of times!) it is my New Years resolution ! to not stress about things..any things ! Which I could put into action immediately on the first day of the year when a big dead tree branch from the side of the road hit our car WHILE IT WAS PARKED IN OUR DRIVE! See! You do not need to go ANYWHERE to have something impact (pardon the pun) or make a dent (yes again, pardon the pun) on your day. The car still drives but it has a substantial dent in the bonnet , which made me think “ I could have gone in to the city and party!” for that money I now have to spend on fixing the car. The irony….

On this “holiday” there also has been a lot of planning..Plannig of new adventures (and taking action), planning on doing more painting and art (which I miss doing on a regular basis), planning and calculating new yarn blends BUT I did not organize a website (I am still procrastinating about that one and will see if I can win the “Guiness world record” on that one since I have been thinking about doing a website now for over 12 years..LOL I win I think….pathetic but true. Maybe another New Years wish I can make? WEBSITE! Fingers crossed!

This last week has been filled with custom orders and dyeing again and I am straight back in the saddle it seems. Lots more to do though ! Next week for example there is some very exciting STUFF happening : ADVENTURE TIME again !!! yes !!!!! I am not saying what but it has everything to do with a lot of super cute rare breed of sheep ! But for tonight: here are some hand dyed yummies to have your heart beat a bit faster and put a smile on your face.


Here are all the offerings for tonight and please do not forget : if you would like something custom dyed, let me know! I love to enable ! Also: EVERY YARN ORDER will receive a special YARN GIFT !! I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your support and love you have shown me. I wish you the absolute BEST in 2018! May this year be filled with fun, clarity, true friends, understanding and compassion, lots of laughter, new adventures, lots of fibre and yarns, exciting projects, Learning of new things AND a celebration of who you are ! Big hugs to you all !!!



Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry.




IxCHeL Sock Yarn blend 

100+ grams AU$29 +/- 410meters which is enough for gorgeous pair of socks or a shawlette!

Super fine Merino, Silk and Nylon (75/5/20) Spun in Victoria and hand dyed by yours truly at the IxCHeL Fibre Farm in the Yarra Valley







Zombie After Party








Botanical dye range: these skeins have been dyed with woad






Tutti Frutti






Purple Haze







Sunburnt Country




Heather Semi Solid








Fizzy









Dusky Heather




Cottage Rose









Dark Side of the Moon Yarn 



This is just one of the awesome pooling variations you can create with this yarn! The Sky-or should I say THE MOON- is the limit !!!!







Spinner’s Control, Yarn Gauge and Ply angle card


a great way to gauge the thickness of your yarn and plying. A nice tool with an info sheet to hang on your spinning wheel or carry wit you anywhere you go.

$5



Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. 
Have a fun weekend !!!



Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are also to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry.



Have a creative week!
Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? : Always happy to enable.

All my contact details are here:




How To Order:

1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.


Thank you so much for your help and support !


 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: