Friday, September 18, 2015

Oh You Pretty Things



What a week ! Busy as a bee trying to get all the clubs and adventures out of the door and hopping to its owners AND dyeing up a storm for the two events coming up next weekend! And –on the sidelines- watching Australian (and American) politics unfolding like in “getting the popcorn out”…


Last week I talked about discipline and learning and also trying to take better care of myself, like in eating breakfast instead of forgetting about myself all day and hopping straight into work mode. I have been a good girl with porridge time 5 out of the 7 days so in my book that is a good run. I just have to keep it up..lol

 I always was very conscious of my size..I was born as a premature baby hardly weighing anything so my parents overcompensated from the very start I guess. They tried to get as much food into me and thought by overdosing me on fruit (LOTS OF IT) and veggies it was okay. It was…up to a point but the three maximum pieces of fruit per day were definitely not adhered to..lol I was a fruit addict..and when I tried to lose weight I even went on a fad fruit diet: only fruit and water. For me it was heaven. I lost weight but yo-yo’ed right back when I started eating “normal” again. And with normal I mean: bread, cheese and regular dinners. I was never one to snack on huge sugary stuff because it wasn’t around but I have never “done” breakfast…never! Not even when I was growing up.

So yeah, I was a chubby kid , a chubby teenager, until the age of about 15 when I had enough of the bullying and basically starved myself in the summer holidays to surprise them with me coming back 20 kilos lighter. I held on to that weight until I went to university and yep..yoyo again.. then I was fed up again (pardon the pun)  with all the weight gain for no apparent reason than regular eating and (my downfall) hardly any exercising ..so I joined a gym and ..typically me…I worked out not 2 or 3 hours a day but from 5pm (after work) til 10 or 11 at night…so..I lost (hold on to your hat here!) : 50 kilos!!!!! I went from a size 18-20 to a size 8-10. And,,here I am again…size 18..it’s like whatever I do, size 18 seems to be my “go-to”-weight…

People who know me, see that I do not binge eat or eat even…and still I am “my size”: I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!.. I call it..lol
The amount of bullying and hurtful things thrown at people that are overweight are tremendous! It hurts me, my psyche and I hate this behaviour from the people who just do not get that not everybody who is overweight is a slob and eats a shitload of fast food. It is overwhelming and unfair.

What brought this on? I was working and walking in and out of the living room, where Paul was a sucker for punishment and had turned on “the Biggest Loser Australia” on TV..I saw a few scenes of introduction of the “contestants” who were showing off their normal eating behaviour: 2.5 kilo burritos, a snack of a family pizza with chicken wings, ice cream for breakfast and a full pack of sugary cereal, a whole cake as a pick me up before dinner and a family lasagne for lunch! Guys! Really ????!!!!!! I was angry, disgusted and totally depressed seeing this. I know it is sensationalism but at the same time what is shown gives people who do not over eat or binge eat or drink a very bad name..well not give because we already have a bad name. It just adds to the myth that whatever you put in your mouth is what you are. And believe me : if I would write down what I eat in a day it will blow your mind and I am still size 18. It is friggin’ enfuriating.

Nevermind,,enough of my rant. I am me and I like me as a person and I am coming to grips with the fact that I do not have to like people who do not like me as me. Their loss..still..it makes me angry when stereotypical nonsense like TBL is perpetuating the myths…Rant over..



On the bunny front : There is still the petition waiting for your signature on change.org : https://www.change.org/p/andrew-wilkie-against-the-approval-of-k5-calici-virus-made-in-korea-for-use-in-australia
Please let your voice be heard! Speak for the Rabbits....and sign the petition .

For todays update some blingy tops: the very special GaGa Bunny tops with glitz ! Enjoy !

GaGa ! Bunny Tops

100+grams/ 3.6oz AU$24
Blue Faced Leicester, Angora bunny, cashmere and glitz
Great to spin and wear !

Rose Quartz Angel

Wild eyed boy from Freetown

Sweet Thing

Oh You Pretty Things-sold-

Life on Mars

Hunky Dory


Golden Years

Diamond Dogs



Cygnet

Ashes to Ashes-sold-


Andy Warhol-sold-


Have a fun weekend Creating your Dreams!

Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable.

All my contact details are to be found at the end of this weeks blog entry.
Have fun !!!


New IxCHeL Club sign ups are now open!

(til quotas are reached or until October 1st)

Clubs October, November, December 2015 !

For all our international club fans there is a possibility to ship all three clubs together to save on postage if you want :-) Just pm me and enquire about the options available.

IxCHeL Fibre Club October, November , December

The subscription is for a period of three months and you will receive one special hand dyed top/roving per month to the value of AU$24 or more
All the tops will be hand dyed and will be especially made for the members of Ixchel Fibre Club ! Price to join the IxCHel Fibre Club #26 and receive your special hand dyed top :)) for three months (Clubs October, November , December 2015) is AU$72 + postage (parcel post or airmail). AND there are good value double serves available !!!

For Australia : single serve $72+$28 postage (parcel post), double serve $136+$28 (save $8) or triple serves $204 (save $12!)
For USA + Canada: single serve AU$72+AU$51 (Airmail) double serve AU$136+AU$51
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: Single serve AU$72+AU$60 (airmail) Double serve AU$136+AU$60
For Asia: Single serve AU$72+AU$45 (airmail) Double serve AU$136+AU$45
If you want to receive a fibre surprise every month then join the IXCHEL FIBRE CLUB #26 now. Numbers are strictly limited ! The October 2015 Club is going to be shipped out end of October. Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal. Just PM or email me your details

The IxCHeL Sock Yarn Clubs October, November and December 2015

Every month for three months (Clubs October, November and December 2015) you will receive: enough hand dyed luscious yummy yarn to make a pair of socks or a lush shawl or scarf ofcourse! (the hand dyed yarn will be exclusive for the Ixchelbunny SOCK-IT-TO-ME Yarn CLUB and will range from a sockweight yarn or a 3ply or a 4 ply); Every month a new sock pattern, tips and instructions ! Now is that GOOD or is that GOOD ??!
I will even offer a double serve for those of you who like their socks extra long
For Australia : single serve $78+$28 postage (parcel post) double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +$28
For USA + Canada: single serve AU$78+AU$51 (Airmail) double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$51
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: Single serve AU$78+AU$60 (airmail) Double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$60
For Asia: Single serve AU$78+AU$45 (airmail) Double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$45
Numbers are strictly limited ! 
Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal . Just PM or email me your details 
  By the way: you don’t HAVE to knit socks if you don’t want to.. the hand dyed yarn is amazingly nice for scarves, cowls, beanies and even tops ! Anything goes .

IxCHeL Funky Bunny Batt Clubs October, November and December 2015

Here are all the details and just pm me when you have any questions or want to be part of the funky bunny batt club Movement ;-) Welcome to the blingy dark side ;-D
The subscription is for a period of three months and you will receive one special hand dyed funky bunny batt per month to the value of AU$40 or more .
The batts will range in weight from 140grams to 180grams with luxury fibres like camel , angora, cashmere, silk, yak, llama even wolf and bison and rare sheep breeds !!!! All the batts will be hand dyed and will be especially made for the members of Ixchel funky bunny Club ! Every month you will receive a HUGE luxury funky bunny batt !
Sign up now and you will receive an Ixchel Hand dyed , super luxurious funky bunny batt for October, November and December 2015.

Price to join the Ixchel Funky bunny for three months is :
For Australia : $108+$28 postage (parcel post)
For USA + Canada: AU$108+AU$51 (Airmail)
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: AU$108+AU$60 (airmail)
For Asia: AU$108+AU$45 (airmail)
If you want to receive a fibre surprise every month then join the IXCHEL FUNKY BUNNY BATT CLUB now. Numbers are strictly limited ! The first installment is going to be shipped out end of October :) Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal. Just PM or email me


Dates to put in your Calendar !!

Saturday , September 26th
Play day at Pascoe Vale
You can find all the info on this poster and for any questions you may have please contact Annet !

Sunday , September 27th   (9:30-3pm)

Sheep and Woolcraft Field Day , Cranbourne Public HAll (near KFC)
A perfect fibre and craft day hosted by the Black n Coloured Sheep association of Australia and an absolute MUST!
How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny.

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.

Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.
Thank you so much for your help and support !

 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: