Friday, February 6, 2015

Rabbit on !

Musk Ox (Qiviut) in Dovrefjell National Park

It’s been a tough week..well..kinda like a tough couple of months, actually..

This week was a major session at gyneo oncology which was a lot of …..eh…not fun..
For all of you who “recently “ tuned in, this is hopefully going to be the last major poking and prodding and testing session they will submit me to after my uterine cancer got the better of me 5 years ago. Well, I should say “almost” got the better of me because I am one of the lucky ones still here and able to complain about things…lol
Everytime that the check ups /treatment times are coming up, you are thrust in a certain survival mode and edginess..well, in my case anyway. It is almost as if all your senses get tuned in extra sensitively to everything that is happening around you.
In normal circumstances there are not a lot of things that fase me, but at these times of “discomfort” a little thing gets extrapolated into something bigger. Injustices get even more unbearable and yes, at these times you might want to hire me as a “official complainer and protestor” because oh boy ! if something does go wrong I will take up the phone or the pen and try to make it right….Not that I am brave. I think I am mildly outspoken in a way: I always speak my mind but take care not to hurt anybodys feelings. I am certainly not brave when the injustice or unfriendly behaviour is on me.. I am an absolute whimp at that moment in time. A day later however, the fight is on ! lol
Like at the Box Hill hospital for example , that just recently went through a HUGE influx of money to get rebuilt , added onto and renewed as a state of the art medical community. What did the planners do? Yep, they planned the gyneo oncology ward  and merged it with maternity.... there's  not even a sign to explain to us who have to venture into oncology whjere to go, because "gyneo oncology" might be too upsetting for pregnant women..so there's  no sign.. just happy signs....  To explain:Gyneo oncology:  this is for all those women suffering from “female cancers” : ovarian, uterine, cervical cancers. Some old, a lot of them young cancer sufferers, still in the middle of planning a family, which transformed from a dream into a nightmare: not being able to have children. And what did the planners think would be a good idea? Yes, to nudge it onto the maternity ward! Not only was it nudged and not a sign in sight for the oncology department, there were not even separate waiting rooms. Result: waiting to get treatments and tested for female cancers, among the happy shiny faces of mothers to be with lovely bellies and babies in tow…a happy place for them, a nightmare for those in an already unhappy situation. Bravo Box Hill ! 

That was Tuesday…Wednesday and a bit of Thursday I was out of commission. If it wasn’t so painful I would laugh at the silly walks I was doing to get around…I am tired…Luckily I have my art and painting to pour my heart and soul into. Complaining takes such a lot out of you..lol
I never really know how to keep my mouth shut though. I was thinking about that just today: my school period was littered with detention and going to the principals office for…yes you guessed it “ talking in class”…
I always got a warning first , ofcourse..but I have this urge to always have to finish the sentence I started. So when the teacher asked me to keep my mouth shut or else..I nudged angelically in her direction in acknowledgement and…..turned back to my friends..to FINISH MY SENTENCE… “That’s it ! Charlotte !!! Go to the Prinicipal! “…story of my life…I need to finish my sentence. I don’t know why my parents thought it would be a great idea for me to become a lawyer…well, apart from the fact that I do like justice to be served (although it rarely is) and I can talk ..a lot….I would have had to approach the bar too many times to mention probably and be thrown in jail for “finishing my sentences”…I never did learn.. ….. I will keep on Rabbiting on !…

For this weeks update I thought I would focus on something that a lot of people have asked for: Qiviut ! Today I have a taste of things to come , but for now, this little update has to do . The Tundra blend is amazing to spin and to wear, and ofcourse it felts beautifully as well. A dream blend from an ancient breed. This Qiviut is from the Dovrefjell national Park in Norway by the way, where there is a small herd lovingly cared for by the rangers there. Enjoy the update ! and happy snaffling !
Big hugs,
Charly

Tundra Tops

Qiviut 25%, silk, cashmere, angora bunny, tencel, eco merino
50+grams/ 1.75 oz AU$25
Magical to spin and wear.


Thranduil-sold-



Tauriel-sold-



Smaug-sold-



Natural



Galion (the elf who likes wine ;-) ) -sold-



Galadriel -SOLD-



Elrond-sold-





Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this weeks blog entry. Have fun !!!

Dates to put in your Calendar !!

April

Saturday 11th, 10am-3pm

McClelland Spinners and Weavers Open day “sock it to me”
 
I will be there with lots of hand dyed tops for spinning and felting and happy rainbow yarn and sock yarn !!!! As well as some amazing Lair of the Bearded Dragon spindles and bowls that are pure magic to spin on !


How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny.

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.

Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.
Thank you so much for your help and support !


 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly

qrcode

No comments: